Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Homemade Tortillas

Yesterday I had a serious hankering for some guesadillas. I had some leftover chicken in the fridge, but didn't have have any tortillas. So I pulled up this recipe, that I had pinned on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try. It was super easy and only 4 ingredients!!! Sorry for the not so good pictures, I was in a hurry and had a, hungry, 19 month old hanging around my feet. 

What You'll Need: Flour, olive oil, water and salt
Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
Add the water and olive oil. 
 
Stir to combine. 
Pour out onto a floured surface. 
Knead about 15 times and let sit for 10 minutes. 
Divide dough into 8 pieces. 
Roll out each piece to the thickness of a tortilla.
Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Cook tortilla for 1 minute. 
Flip and cook other side for 1 minute.

My chicken and cheese quesadilla.


Recipe
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 water
3 Tbsp olive oil


Instructions
In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Stir in the water and olive oil. Turn onto a floured surface and knead 15 times. Let rest for 10 minutes. 


Divide dough into 8 pieces. On floured surface, roll each piece into 6 to 7 inch circles. 


Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray skillet with cooking spray and cook each tortilla for 1 minutes per side. Serve warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment