Thursday, June 28, 2012

Button Coffee Table

My dad made this awesome coffee table using my grandmothers old bag of buttons. I remember playing with the buttons when I was a kid. We use to dump them all out on the floor and go through them. My favorite and the one I remember playing with the most is the big wooden one on the right side.
 Some close-up ones of very old buttons. 

See the layers? You lay out some buttons, cover them in whatever it was he used, let it dry and just keep layering. 
 See the colorful flowery designed ones? My dad added them as filler and to give the table a little more color. 
Side view

My dad is so creative and such a great craftsmen. And we were thinking, you can do this with just about anything...bottle caps, wine corks, old pictures, holiday ones, the possibilities are endless. They make a great talking piece. You can make smaller side table or panels to hang on your wall. Isn't that the coolest table you've even seen?



1 comment:

  1. Did you learn what product your Dad used for the button table? Would you please tell me?

    Thank you,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete