Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pancake Saturday

Saturday, now becoming pancake day, due to the fact that we are starting a serious tradition of having pancake every Saturday morning. I've been trying out all kinds of different recipes, some good, some not so good and some that just tasted like flour covered in syrup. And after months of playing with different recipes I finally came up with a recipe, that I believe, it absolutely the best pancake recipe, ever, in the history of the world. We almost always make ours with blueberries in them, but every once in a while I'll also make banana ones for my husband, who is bananas about bananas. He's favorite Runts are the bananas ones...yuck!!! Those are the ones I always throw out or give to him. 


What You'll Need

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg
2 Tbsp butter, melted; and extra for cooking
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt 


In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.


Start to whisk in the milk and egg. 


Slowly whisk in the melted butter and stir until all ingredients are combine.


Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add some butter or non-stick cooking spray to the hot skillet. Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter into the middle of the skillet. 


Now, here comes the fun part. If you want to add fruit to your pancakes, there are two different ways to add it. You can sprinkle the fruit on top of the pancake before you flip. 


Or, you can add it to the bowl of batter and mix it in (this is the way I do it). You can use as much or as little fruit as you want.  


I like to flip mine early, when there are only a few bubbles because...well, that's just the way I like to do it. I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do and make sure to serve them with lots and lots of syrup!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment