Friday, June 8, 2012

Quesadilla Casserole

I made this last night for dinner and I have to admit I was a little skeptical as to how it would turn out, but I must say it was really good! Definitely one I will make again and we have plenty of left overs for lunch today. I got the recipe from this McCormick spice packet thing. Sorry for the somewhat fuzzy pictures, I was under serious pressure to hurry up. I had a 1 1/2 year old starting to whine, due to low blood sugar, and a ravenous husband that kept saying "I'm staving" and "what time will it be ready". Anyways, let me know what you think. 
What You'll Need

Not Pictured: Cheddar cheese, Oregano Leaves and Chili Powder

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (8 3/4 oz) whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can (4 1/2 oz) chopped green chiles, undrained
6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp oregano leaves
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
Instructions
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat brown the ground beef and onion. Drain the beef and return to skillet. Add in the beans, 
corn, 
green chiles,
and tomato sauce.
Stir to combine;
Mix in all the spices (note: I didn't add the crushed red pepper at this time because I have a little person that ate this. Dave and I sprinkled a little on our before we ate it). Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 7 to 8 minutes.
Coat a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of the mixture on the bottom of dish. 
Top that with 3 tortillas; 
Next, layer half of the remaining mixture and half of the cheese.
Repeat with the remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese. 
Can you see the layers? ^
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until heated through. 
Serve and enjoy!!!


2 comments:

  1. i do love a good quesadilla, seems like a creative way to reinterpret it! congratulations on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by our blog! Your recipes look delicious and your little boy is darling!

    Love,
    Elyse (one of the sisters at SixSistersStuff.com)

    ReplyDelete