Thursday, May 31, 2012

Things I do with Sebastian on Rainy Days

Look at that pitiful face :(

As many moms of young children know, a rainy day or rainy few days can be the worst. Here are some fun toddler activities I do with Sebastian to keep him (and who am I kidding, me) from going stir crazy being trapped in side all day.

Cookie Cutter Fun 
We brought these a few years back and we love them. They’re dishwasher safe so clean up is super easy. I just take the top off and give Sebastian the whole tub. He loves to turn it upside down and shake all of them out. I’ll put them in pile or in lines by colors and he’ll walk through the pile and knock them all over the place. Or we practice clean up, put them all in the tub and I give it to him to dump out again. 

I bought these at Wal-Greens for $10!!!



Alphabet Magnets
We recently got this Fridge Magnetic Alphabet thing from Wal-Mart. When you put a letter in the dog house it sings a little song about the letter and the noise the letter makes. Like “A says ah and A says ah, every letter makes a sound, A says ah”. Can you tell I’ve heard it a few billion times to have it memorized by now…ugh. But Sebastian loves it.   

Sorry for the fuzzy cell phone pictures...one day I'll have a nice new camera!
Movie Time
Sebastian's absolute favorite movies are the Toy Story movies. He will actually sit down and watch an entire movie start to finish, but only if it’s Toy Story. Any other movie and he has no interest in watching it. So find the movie or show your little one loves and keep it in your DVD player on a rainy day.

Sebastian and his cousin Ava (aka Buggy)
Couch Cushion Fun
One day I had pulled all the couch cushions out to clean the couch and Sebastian started having a blast with the cushions. So now I’ll pull them out and lie them on the ground for him to have fun with. He loves to run around, jump and fall on them.


Letter’s to Loved Ones
Sebastian loves to draw and because he still likes to eat Crayons we had to buy some non-toxic erasable markers. All I have to do is give him a couple pieces of blank or construction paper and he goes to town. This one is for his cousin Ava.  I started the letter/picture and he finished it.



Read Books
Sebastian's favorite book is “Wheels on the Bus” or as he likes to call it “roun-roun”! We’ll read every book he has…well almost every book. It eat up time and gets him to love reading.
 


Play in the Rain
About two weeks ago it rained for almost the entire week. So then it stopped for about a hour I jumped on the change to take Sebastian out for a little fresh air.  I didn’t want to go into the yard and have a mess to clean up. So I just striped him down to his diaper and shoes, filled up a bowl of water and we played out on our deck.  *NOTE: only do this if it’s warm enough outside.    




No comments:

Post a Comment